Sunday, August 24, 2008

Girls Camp

Summer has been a lot of fun.   I was put back in to young womens over the mia maids, and I am with my cute daughter Korie now along with 7 more darling girls.  I signed up for the full time at girls camp this year.  I love being a girl again.  O.K. I've always been a girl, but when your 46 years old sometimes people think you're an old lady.   So dancing crazy, tubing behind the boat and staying up late talking in to the wee hours of the night makes you feel like a young girl again. We did all of these things at girls camp.  The girls told me the next day when we showed up at the lake and it was a down pour it was my fault and I needed to repent for my scandalous dancing the night before at our American Idol activity. What are they talking about? See I told you a  "46 year old lady" isn't allowed to shake her hips a little without being scandalous.  Well I conceded and repented and the clouds broke and the sun came out.  Maybe they were right. The rest of the day was great!  

Later that night Russ and Erin came and joined us for testimony night.    Wow, there were amazing testmonies shared that night and the spirit was very strong.  These girls are spiritual beyond their years.  Korie and Erin both shared their testimonies.  Korie talked about her brother Spencer's great example and Erin talked about the feeling she felt at girls camp and bore her testimony.  Erin later commented on the beautiful feeling that she had never felt before.  O.K. I've tried at home, but it's a little hard when people are playing with the dog, or sleeping during family scripture time. Well, it was a great girls camp and best of all I got to share it with my two girls and Russ.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I could have seen the dancing. Maybe someone taped it and it'll end up being on youtube. Girls camp is always a good time. That's great Kori gets to share it with her mom.