Monday, February 16, 2009

Christmas Highlights

Christmas was great!!  These are my highlights.  Talking to Spencer in Armenia on Christmas day.  Exchanging love gifts as a family and getting my hand crocheted plum scarf and hat made for me by Trent.  Yes my 17 year old son.  I loved it!!  Also getting together Christmas eve with my family for games.  And yes, finally getting Erin to join the family skiing on Christmas eve day.   

Talking to Spencer was a treat although I have to admit when I got off the phone I kissed it because he seemed to be right there in the room with us for a few hours and then poof * he was gone.  It left me feeling very melancholy.  We learned that he is without water up to 3 weeks at a time.  No baths or laundering of clothes.  He also returns from a long cold day of walking on ice packed roads to an apartment of 45 to 55 degrees.  That is as cold as my garage on a very cold day.  He seems to be all good with it though.  We sat around a speaker phone.  I had prepare two pages of questions and was eager to get as much out of every minute that I could.  The family had other plans as they started talking about movies at the beginning.  I kept telling them there wasn't time.  Then you can guess they used that quote against me every time I asked a question.  "NO TIME!" will go down in our family now as a famous quote.  HA!  

 He is always optimistic and finds the humor in everything.  He spent his Christmas doing not the normal things we are used to.  A ward party with Santa dressed in red long underwear and a skull cap with fireworks in the church.  o.k.   His job was to entertain the group with games.  Right up his alley.  I miss and love him so much!  

No comments: